Michelle “Shelly” Sexton, Nevada County Board of Education member, resigns
July 2, 2018
Sexton resigns from education board
Michelle "Shelly" Sexton, a member of the Nevada County Board of Education, has resigned her position, effective July 12, school officials said.
Sexton submitted her resignation on Monday, Superintendent of Schools Scott Lay said in an email that afternoon. No reason was given for her departure.
Those interested in filling Sexton's seat can get an application at the system's offices, 380 Crown Point Circle, Grass Valley. Applicants have until noon July 16 to submit their paperwork.
The board is set to appoint a new member at a July 26 special meeting, according to the system's website.
Sexton's term ends this year.
Recommended Stories For You
Sexton won her seat in 2014 after defeating incumbent Jack Meeks.
— Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local News
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- Alleged serial groper arrested in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley shooting incident a hoax, cops say
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property
- Nevada County releases latest election results: Moon, Bierwagen maintain leads