Michelle “Shelly” Sexton, Nevada County Board of Education member, resigns
July 2, 2018
Sexton resigns from education board
Michelle "Shelly" Sexton, a member of the Nevada County Board of Education, has resigned her position, effective July 12, school officials said.
Sexton submitted her resignation on Monday, Superintendent of Schools Scott Lay said in an email that afternoon. No reason was given for her departure.
Those interested in filling Sexton's seat can get an application at the system's offices, 380 Crown Point Circle, Grass Valley. Applicants have until noon July 16 to submit their paperwork.
The board is set to appoint a new member at a July 26 special meeting, according to the system's website.
Sexton's term ends this year.
Recommended Stories For You
Sexton won her seat in 2014 after defeating incumbent Jack Meeks.
— Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local News
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers