Michael Sturgell murder case set for preliminary hearing
August 24, 2018
Michael Sturgell, accused of murder in the death of his ex-wife, is scheduled Oct. 16 for a preliminary hearing.
Sturgell, 71, formally pleaded not guilty Thursday to his accusations in Nevada County Superior Court. He waived a right to have a preliminary hearing within 10 days, but not his right to have one within two months.
Attorneys then scheduled his preliminary hearing, which Deputy District Attorney Jesse Wilson said could last a day.
Authorities claim Sturgell in February fatally shot his ex-wife Pamela Diane DeGrio at her home. They'd been married and divorced over 40 years ago.
Sturgell remained held Thursday without bond.
Trending In: Local News
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Contractor error delays new playground in Grass Valley
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers