(VIDEO) Mardi Gras parade goes on despite rain, lack of cell phone service
February 18, 2018
A sizable turnout of parade entrants and spectators didn't let a little rain, or even some hail, get too much in the way getting into the Mardi Gras spirit during the annual Nevada City parade Sunday.
The cold weather storm that passed through the area Sunday caused outages that included a cell tower, preventing anyone in downtown Nevada City from using their cell phones other than for taking photos, or 911 calls.
"Just going to have to go back to a time before cell phones," the parade announcer could be heard saying on the loudspeaker prior to the parade.
Parade goers waved in the air at their favorite floats as they passed by, being rewarded with beads in return.
The rain didn't last long though, and quickly let up following the final parade entrants.
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Nevada County Fairgrounds board votes down gun show