Landfill aworker goes to hospital after fumes | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Landfill aworker goes to hospital after fumes

A Waste Management worker was hospitalized Tuesday after inhaling fumes from a bag dropped at the McCourtney Road Transfer Station’s recycling center, which was then shut down for the day.

The worker, whose name wasn’t released, was recovering well from the incident, which left him light-headed, said Nevada County Department of Environmental Health Director Norm Greenberg.



The recycling center was closed for the day at 1 p.m. The worker went to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital by ambulance as a precaution.




“He seems to be fine,” Waste Management district manager Art Rasmussen said.

Greenberg said the fumes came from rags soaked in solvent and left in a plastic bag.

Environmental Health, the Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Consolidated and Grass Valley firefighters responded.

– Doug Mattson


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User