Doug LaMalfa, Audrey Denney headed for District 1 congressional showdown
June 6, 2018
UPDATE: This story has been updated to reflect updated results will all precincts reporting.
With seven candidates competing in the District 1 congressional race, the outcome was bound to be interesting. A number of first-time and veteran candidates threw their hat in the ring, all in the hopes of ousting Republican incumbent Doug LaMalfa of Oroville.
LaMalfa is heading to the November general election with 51.7% percent of the vote, against Democrat Audrey Denney, who finished with 17.5%.
Fellow Democrat Jessica Holcombe finished third with 11.7% Marty Walters, also a Democrat, took 8.6% of the vote.
District 1 covers 11 counties from Nevada County to the Oregon border. If successful in November, LaMalfa would celebrate a fourth term.
In the 2016 general election LaMalfa won 59 percent of the vote, narrowly winning Nevada County by 500 votes.
Recommended Stories For You
Jennifer Nobles is a staff writer for The Union. She can be reached at email@example.com or 530-477-4231.
Trending In: Local News
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info
- Contractor error delays new playground in Grass Valley
- Nevada City pondering Commercial Street options
- Nevada County prosecutor: Couple facing animal cruelty charge again miss court