Hospitality House donation wish list
August 15, 2018
Hospitality House, a nonprofit community shelter for homeless individuals in Nevada County is funded primarily by individual donations. Below is a shortened wish list of donations currently needed. Donated items may be dropped off between 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday, or after 2:30 p.m. on weekends at Utah's Place, 1262 Sutton Way in Grass Valley. High-quality clothing donations should be taken to the Hospitality House thrift store, known Bread & Roses Thrift, located at 840 East Main St. in Grass Valley. Items will be sorted there and appropriate clothing will be taken to the shelter for guests.
Toiletries: toothpaste/toothbrushes; deodorant; disposable razors; shaving cream; Chapstick; nail grooming kits; earplugs; sunblock.
Clothing: T-shirts (adult sizes).
Shelter supplies blankets; cough drops; high-efficiency laundry detergent; toilet paper; paper towels; sanitary wipes; hand sanitizer; anti-bacterial hand soap; food handling gloves (latex or vinyl).
Sleeping: sleeping bags; slipper socks.
Incidental items: one-way/daily bus passes; pre-paid phone cards; postage stamps; backpacks/fanny packs; cough drops/cough syrup/cold and allergy medication (without alcohol); antibiotic ointment.
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim