Highway 49 wreck causes serious injuries
August 20, 2018
A Nevada City driver accused of sending a woman to the hospital with compound leg fractures after a wreck is free on $75,000 in bond, authorities said.
Molly Jean Purvis, 33, faces a felony count of DUI/drugs causing bodily injury. Authorities booked her early Saturday into the Nevada County Jail after a wreck on Highway 49, north of Old Downieville Highway, said Officer Mike Steele, with the California Highway Patrol.
Authorities determined Purvis was responsible for the head-on collision that happened at 6:12 p.m. Friday, the officer said.
"Our primary collision factor is DUI," Steele said.
The victim was flown by CalStar to a Roseville hospital. Her condition is unknown, Steele said.
Both vehicles received major damage, he added.
Recommended Stories For You
— Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local News
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s