Heritage economy focus of forums
Between May 31 and June 7, the Sierra Business Council and the California Preservation Foundation will be presenting a series of forums related to the heritage economy and cultural tourism concepts.
The heritage economy can be defined as natural, cultural, historic, and recreational resources that combine for a cohesive, nationally distinctive landscape arising from patterns of human activity shaped by geography.
The Sierra Business Council and California Preservation Foundation will address some of the opportunities around cultural tourism and historic preservation and how they can complement other activities already taking place.
Some of the ways to encourage and promote heritage economy activities include cultivation of the arts, protection and preservation of historical resources, support for agricultural activities, and sustainable tourism development. It is part of the Sierra Business Council’s goals to organize regional partnerships that promote and sustain a cultural and heritage economy.
The forum schedule includes the following dates and locations:
• May 31- 7:30-9:30 a.m. Rose Room at Auburn City Hall
• May 31 – 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Cosmic Cafe, Placerville
• June 1 – 7:30-9:30 a.m. Mel and Faye’s Diner, Jackson
• June 1- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sonora Opera Hall, Sonora
• June 2 – 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Cottonwood Restaurant, Truckee
• June 6 – 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Boulder Creek RV resort, Lone Pine
• June 6 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. Bridgeport Inn, Bridgeport
• June 7 – 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Susanville Real Estate, Susanville
• June 7 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. Pangaea Restaurant, Quincy
If you have any questions or comments please contact Steven Poncelet or David Polivy at the Sierra Business Council at (530) 582-4800 or visit the Web site at http://www.sbcouncil.org.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User