Grass Valley teen arrested on sex-related charges, authorities say
May 12, 2017
Teen faces sex charges
A Grass Valley teen accused of having sex with a minor is free on bond after his arrest this week, authorities said.
Matthew Richard Chapdelane, 18, is charged with oral copulation with someone under 18, sexual penetration with someone under 18, sex with a minor who's over three years younger and two child pornography charges, jail reports state.
Arrested Thursday, Chapdelane has since made his $10,000 bond, records state.
According to Sheriff Keith Royal, the allegations occurred around January.
"Somebody became aware of the information and contacted us and that initiated the investigation," Royal said.
Recommended Stories For You
Authorities say they're investigating precisely when the allegations happened, as Chapdelane's 18th birthday was late last year.
"That date is a fuzzy issue," the sheriff said. "We're trying to nail that down."
— Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local News
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- Alleged serial groper arrested in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley shooting incident a hoax, cops say
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property
- Nevada County releases latest election results: Moon, Bierwagen maintain leads