Let them feast: Seven Hills Middle School’s Medieval Feast continues for 28th year
March 15, 2018
Close to 100 Seven Hills Middle School students dressed in period attire and descended upon the Miners Foundry Cultural Center in Nevada City Thursday to take part in the Medieval Feast.
The annual schoolwide event, going 28 years strong, features a school day full of jousting, sword fighting, trebuchet launching, traditional dancing and all around fun.
To say that the students look forward to this event every year would be an understatement.
"I'm not sure that the kids will remember anything from middle school other than this," 7th grade teacher Steve Gillespie said during the event.
The feast, provided by Ike's Quarter Cafe, was served by the large number of parent volunteers, also dressed in period attire.
Thursday's event was harder to bring to fruition due to fewer students than in previous years, as well as the increasing costs of putting on the event.
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Nevada County Fairgrounds board votes down gun show