‘Extended School Year’ program gets a boost from Lions Club
May 28, 2018
Nevada City Lions Ina Elrod, left, and Mike Hill, far right, present a check for $1,000 to Brendan Cariage, the Extended School Year coordinator at the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools. For more than 30 years, the primary goal of the The Extended School Year program, has been to create outdoor meaningful educational experiences for children with mild to severe cognitive and/or physical disabilities ages 3 to 14. The highlight of the program is an overnight camping trip and tri-tip dinner at Scott's Flat Lake.
The program serves approximately 50 Nevada County students, thanks to the sponsors like Nevada County Lions.
Source: Nevada City Lions
Trending In: Local News
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Nevada City pondering Commercial Street options
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- Candidates for U.S. House agree on little in public forum held in Graeagle (VIDEO)