Electrical problem may have ignited house fire | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Electrical problem may have ignited house fire

An electrical problem was the possible cause of a Camptonville-area house fire Thursday night.

The owner, Greg McClellan, and his three children were eating dinner when the lights flickered at their home at 15438 Old Toll Road, between Maryland and Moonshine roads southwest of Camptonville.



They went outside and saw a fire in the attached garage, where a battery generator for a solar-power system sat, Assistant Camptonville Fire Chief Steve Shappert said Friday.




Reported at 5:47 p.m., the fire destroyed the two-story, 1,800-foot house.

Crews needed 7,000 gallons to put out the fire because the flames reached “a difficult crawl space,” said Shappert, who left the site at 5 a.m. Friday.

Firefighters from departments in North San Juan, Downieville and Pike also responded.

– Doug Mattson


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User