Drainage work to impact traffic on westbound I-80 near Colfax
December 1, 2017
COLFAX — Caltrans is alerting motorists that the left lane of westbound Interstate 80 will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday from Magra to 1.5 miles east of Colfax to allow Caltrans maintenance crews to perform drainage work, according to a release.
Traffic delays and traffic congestion are expected.
Drains for rain and snowmelt runoff are located along the median in this area of Interstate 80. To ensure that all drains are in good working order, Caltrans will close the left lane in order to increase safety for maintenance workers.
Because there are only two lanes on this three-mile length of Interstate 80, motorists are likely to experience traffic delays and are encouraged to plan for additional travel time through the area, the release stated. California Highway Patrol will be escorting traffic through the work zone to keep speeds safe for Caltrans workers on this curvy, steep stretch of freeway.
Weather or other unexpected events could impact or delay work.
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Nevada County Fairgrounds board votes down gun show