Demonstration, vigil against gun violence set for Nevada County Fairgrounds on Saturday
April 11, 2018
The Peace & Justice Center of Nevada County and other local activist groups are organizing a nonviolent demonstration and vigil at the Nevada County Fairgrounds from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday.
The event is meant to protest the proliferation of gun violence on today's youth and an event planned by the Friends of NRA, according to a release.
The public is reminded that this is a nonviolent, peaceful protest where alcohol, drugs and weapons aren't welcome. A silent vigil starts at 4 p.m. followed by singing. Positive, non-confrontational signs and banners are welcome.
Source: Peace & Justice Center of Nevada County
Trending In: Local News
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s