Dates set for filing papers for board seats |

Dates set for filing papers for board seats

Anyone interested in running for board member positions for several different Nevada County districts Nov. 2 can file nomination documents from July 12 to Aug. 6. For contests in which the incumbent does not file for re-election, the filing date will be extended until Aug. 11.

The seats that are up for election are every Nevada County fire district, the Bear River Recreation and Park District, Western Gateway Recreation and Park District, Nevada County Resource Conservation District, Nevada Irrigation District, San Juan Ridge County Water District, Washington County Water District, and every Nevada County school district, including Sierra College.

Special district and school district candidates may submit a Candidate’s Statement of Qualifications, published in the Voter Information Pamphlet mailed six weeks before the election to every registered voter.

The fees for this option are listed in the Candidate’s Handbook, available at the Elections Office in the HEW Complex in Nevada City and at There are no fees for the special district and school district board positions.

For more information, contact the Elections Office at 265-1298.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User