Dates announced for next Wild and Scenic Film Festival in Nevada City
November 20, 2017
The South Yuba River Citizens League will host the 16th annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival on Jan. 11-15, 2018 — drawing top filmmakers, activists, social innovators and world adventurers to the historic downtowns of Nevada City and Grass Valley, according to a release.
The festival theme is Groundswell and the goal is to inspire and unite communities to help heal the Earth. Over the course of five days and at 10 venues, more than 125 of the world's premiere environmental and adventure films will screen alongside activist workshops, panels, music, art exhibitions, and special guest and filmmaker appearances.
Tickets will be available online beginning Nov. 28 at http://www.wildandscenicfilmfestival.org . Beginning Dec. 1, they're available from 1 to 5 p.m. at the SYRCL office, 313 Railroad Avenue, Suite 101, Nevada City.
Featured films will be announced Dec. 1, and volunteer registration begins the same day.
Source: Wild and Scenic Film Festival
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s