Closure of Grass Valley DMV office gets shortened
February 5, 2018
Closure of DMV office gets shortened
State officials say Grass Valley will have no Department of Motor Vehicles office for under two weeks this month, a change from the previously planned closure.
The temporary DMV building, 435 Sutton Way, will close at noon Feb. 14 — two days after the initial closure date.
The new office, across Brunswick Road at 890 Sutton Way, will open Feb. 26., said Marty Greenstein, public information officer with the state Department of Motor Vehicles.
The closure will give staff time to move computers, supplies and other equipment from the temporary office to the new facility.
Costing about $6 million, the building has been under construction since August 2015.
Recommended Stories For You
— Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local News
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening
- Grass Valley police: Man on parole caught after fleeing officers
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender