Closure of Grass Valley DMV office gets shortened
February 5, 2018
Closure of DMV office gets shortened
State officials say Grass Valley will have no Department of Motor Vehicles office for under two weeks this month, a change from the previously planned closure.
The temporary DMV building, 435 Sutton Way, will close at noon Feb. 14 — two days after the initial closure date.
The new office, across Brunswick Road at 890 Sutton Way, will open Feb. 26., said Marty Greenstein, public information officer with the state Department of Motor Vehicles.
The closure will give staff time to move computers, supplies and other equipment from the temporary office to the new facility.
Costing about $6 million, the building has been under construction since August 2015.
Recommended Stories For You
— Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local News
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s