California Smokers’ Helpline celebrates 25th anniversary
November 16, 2017
The California Smokers' Helpline, the nation's first statewide smoking quitline, marked its silver anniversary by announcing plans to support more Californians quit smoking.
Over the next few years, a news release states, the Helpline plans add more counselors, expand outreach to healthcare providers, introduce new protocols to better serve those with mental health conditions, and release a new version of its well-received app to help even more people quit smoking in a way that works for them.
The Helpline has provided free and confidential telephone counseling services to more than 800,000 Californians, an average of 32,000 clients a year.
Trending In: Local News
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Nevada County Fairgrounds board votes down gun show