Bird on a wire sparks fire | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Bird on a wire sparks fire

Truckee firefighters who happened to be in the area helped Nevada County Consolidated Fire District and Calfire crews put out this 2-acre blaze on Auburn Road, just south of Grass Valley on Wednesday. The fire started when a bird landed on a power pole and tripped some fuses, causing sparks to light the grassland below, according to Consolidated Battalion Chief David Ray.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User