Bee spray ignites bus | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Bee spray ignites bus

John HartThis bus caught on fire due to the use of flammable fluid used to kill a nest of bees that lived in the vehicle.
ALL | GrassValleyArchive

Flammable fluid used to kill a nest of bees inside a unoccupied school bus ignited Saturday and completely burned the vehicle, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection reported.

The call for help came at 2:50 p.m., CDF officials said.

The cause of the fire was human negligence, Matt Thau, CDF fire apparatus engineer, said Sunday. The fire started when the liquid used to kill the insects ignited, he said.



The bus, parked on land off Jupiter Drive near Greenhorn Road, was once used as a home, Thau said. The bus was unoccupied at the time of the fire.

Damages were estimated at $2,400, the CDF log indicates.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User