Ashes believed cause of home fire | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Ashes believed cause of home fire

Fire heavily damaged a husband and wife’s modular home near You Bet Road early Thursday morning, with the suspected cause being a bag of woodstove ashes left near the home

Firefighters were called to 12993 Wild Life Lane, which is north of You Bet and west of Red Dog roads, at 3:06 a.m., according to an emergency dispatcher.

Crews from Peardale-Chicago Park, Ophir Hill, Nevada County Consolidated and Grass Valley responded.



Ophir Hill firefighter David Silva said the house was almost a total loss from the combination of fire and heat damage.

Silva said the bag of ashes were placed under a deck, next to a woodpile, “and it pretty much made a fire.”




No injuries were reported. The homeowners’ identities weren’t made available.

– Doug Mattson


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User