A harvest of autumn events this weekend
With the autumn chill in the air and the trees aflame with fall colors, you might want to step outdoors and participate in some of the many events taking place this weekend.
• The Loma Rica Harvest Festival is from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. today at Loma Rica Organic Farm, 10980 Brunswick Road, Grass Valley. Events include children’s activities, produce vendors and local bands performing. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 ages 11 to 17 and senior citizens; children 10 and younger are free. Call Loma Rica Organic Farm at 274-9059.
• Designs for Living Fall Home Tour: Nine homes in Grass Valley and Nevada City are open today and Sunday for visitors to enjoy the fall decor inside and outside. To get a map and buy tickets, visit the Music in the Mountains office at 530 Searls Ave., Nevada City from 10 to 4 p.m. today or 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets cost $20 per person. Call Music in the Mountains at 265-6124.
• The BriarPatch Co-op Harvest Fair is from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at 290 Sierra College Drive. The event includes free organic and natural food samples, a pie walk, farmer’s market, children’s crafts, costume-making and a silent auction. Local bands will play folk, Celtic, reggae and retro soul music. Admission is free. Call BriarPatch at 272-5333.
• Nevada City Winery Basketful of Gold Harvest Party Celebration: Nevada City Winery is celebrating its 27th year of winemaking in Nevada County from noon to 6 p.m. today and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, at 321 Spring St., downtown Nevada City. Call 265-9463.
• 2007 Western Nevada County Open Studios Art Tour: A free, self-guided tour of 90 artists’ works at 65 venues from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and Sunday. Directories with maps are available at Center for the Arts and Booktown Books, in Grass Valley, and JJ Jacksons, Mowen-Solinsky Gallery and Nevada City Picture Framing, Nevada City.
• Nevada County Land Trust Fall Treks: Walk the Omega to Discovery Trail today from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., or from Pioneer Creek to Lake Spaulding from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. The trek costs $12 for members, and $17 for non-members.
To call Soumitro Sen, e-mail email@example.com or call 477-4229.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User