Fire damages Peardale home, no one injured | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire damages Peardale home, no one injured

A blaze that broke out in the floor of a Peardale home next to a wood cook stove caused damage to the kitchen and attic Monday.

Home owner Walter Hocking was away when the fire was called in at 12:44 p.m., according to Peardale-Chicago Park Fire Department Chief Jim Bierwagen.



Neighbors saw smoke pouring out of the home at the corner of North Meadow Drive and Highway 147 and called the fire department, Bierwagen said.




That allowed firefighters enough time to save the building, Bierwagen said.

“We were unable to determine an exact cause,” Bierwagen said, but a stack of kitchen items next to the wood stove could have been a contributing factor.

Firefighters from the Grass Valley and Nevada City fire departments and the Ophir Hill Fire Protection District assisted Bierwagen’s department. No one was injured.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User