Fire at cafe stops traffic | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Fire at cafe stops traffic

A Tuesday-morning stove-top grease fire at the Railroad Cafe, at 111 W. Main St., forced police to block off the street from S. Auburn Street to Mill Street for about 20 minutes.

The fire was reported at 10:15 a.m. and was contained by 10:30 a.m. The restaurant was open at the time, but there were no customers inside.

The stove suffered the most serious damage, although the restaurant manager decided to close down for the rest of the day to clean up.



Smoke could be smelled from a half-block away from the restaurant 15 minutes after the fire was put out.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User