Nevada County Farm Bureau endorses Glenn Jennings for district attorney
June 1, 2018
Nevada County Farm Bureau endorses Jennings for DA
The Nevada County Farm Bureau has endorsed Glenn Jennings for District Attorney, according to a news release from the Jennings campaign.
The Farm Bureau announced its endorsement in a letter to Jennings from its board president, Debora Totoonchie.
Visit nevadacountyfarmbureau.com for information.
California bans state-funded travel to Oklahoma
SACRAMENTO — California is banning state-funded travel to Oklahoma because of policies it considers discriminatory toward LGBT people.
Recommended Stories For You
Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced the ban Friday in response to a policy adopted in Oklahoma last month that allows private adoption and foster agencies to deny placements based on religious or moral grounds.
Opponents say it's designed to discriminate against same-sex couples or LGBT parents. Oklahoma's Catholic bishops support the law.
Becerra's decision is based on a 2017 California law that bans state-funded or state-sponsored travel to states that authorize discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
— Associated Press
Trending In: Elections
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)