Nevada County Farm Bureau endorses Glenn Jennings for district attorney
June 1, 2018
Nevada County Farm Bureau endorses Jennings for DA
The Nevada County Farm Bureau has endorsed Glenn Jennings for District Attorney, according to a news release from the Jennings campaign.
The Farm Bureau announced its endorsement in a letter to Jennings from its board president, Debora Totoonchie.
Visit nevadacountyfarmbureau.com for information.
California bans state-funded travel to Oklahoma
SACRAMENTO — California is banning state-funded travel to Oklahoma because of policies it considers discriminatory toward LGBT people.
Recommended Stories For You
Attorney General Xavier Becerra announced the ban Friday in response to a policy adopted in Oklahoma last month that allows private adoption and foster agencies to deny placements based on religious or moral grounds.
Opponents say it's designed to discriminate against same-sex couples or LGBT parents. Oklahoma's Catholic bishops support the law.
Becerra's decision is based on a 2017 California law that bans state-funded or state-sponsored travel to states that authorize discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
— Associated Press
Trending In: Elections
- Nevada County election results update
- Audrey Denney, Doug LaMalfa battle for 1st Congressional District seat
- Tice-Raskin takes lead in judge race
- Two compete for Board of Education post: Nevada County trustee candidates bring passion, experience
- Grass Valley to pursue honoring slain US ambassador Stevens
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- Nevada County’s Shannan Moon becomes California’s first openly-gay sheriff