KVMR to broadcast LaMalfa’s Oroville town hall meeting
April 16, 2017
KVMR 89.5 FM Radio, Nevada City's noncommercial community radio station, will broadcast Congressman Doug LaMalfa's upcoming town hall meeting in Oroville tonight at 8.
This will be the First District Congressman's second Town Hall event this year. Some estimates said 1500 people — or more — attended his first meeting with constituents at the Nevada County Fairgrounds last month, with dozens and dozens lined up to ask questions and make comments.
The 5:30 p.m. Town Hall at the Oroville State Theater will be recorded and then broadcast on a slight delay from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on KVMR.
The station will also offer a live stream of the Town Hall via its website at http://www.kvmr.org and will archive the audio at archive.kvmr.org immediately afterward in addition to posting an audio podcast of the meeting at the radio station website as well.
Trending In: Elections
- Dan Miller announces bid for re-election to Nevada County Board of Supervisors
- Gov. Jerry Brown signs new gun violence restraining order
- LaMalfa challengers set to hold forum in Grass Valley
- Nevada City OKs homeless-regulating camping ordinance
- Nevada City taps retired San Francisco policeman as its new chief
- Widespread phone outage reported throughout Nevada County
- Nevada City Police chief Tim Foley resigns
- Grass Valley couple faces federal gun charges, local drug accusations
- (VIDEO) Mardi Gras parade goes on despite rain, lack of cell phone service
- Grass Valley’s Christopher’s Old World Deli, catering company close