California Democratic Party leader to speak in Grass Valley
February 2, 2017
Eric C. Bauman, current Vice Chair and candidate for Chair the California Democratic Party, will be the special guest speaker at the First Tuesday Educational Forum sponsored by the Nevada County Democrats at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St. in Grass Valley.
Bauman is in his eighth term as chair of the Los Angeles County Democratic Party, the largest local Democratic Party organization in the nation. He is the senior advisor to California Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon and the Director of the Speaker's Office of Member Services — Los Angeles.
Prior to joining the Speaker's office, Bauman held various senior-level positions in California state government. He is running to succeed John Burton as party chair.
In Nevada County, Democrats recently overtook Republicans in party voter registration.
Bauman is expected to address such issues as to how the state party plans to help Democratic candidates in sparsely populated areas of the state, how rural Democrats can be heard by party leaders in Sacramento on issues that are important to them and what strategies Democrats plan to employ to combat the Trump presidency in Washington.
This event is open to everyone. Pizza and salad will be served and beverages will be available. Admission is by donation.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information go to: http://nevadacountydemocrats.com/ or call 530-265-3367.
Trending In: Elections
- Dan Miller announces bid for re-election to Nevada County Board of Supervisors
- Gov. Jerry Brown signs new gun violence restraining order
- LaMalfa challengers set to hold forum in Grass Valley
- Nevada City OKs homeless-regulating camping ordinance
- Nevada City taps retired San Francisco policeman as its new chief
- Widespread phone outage reported throughout Nevada County
- Nevada City Police chief Tim Foley resigns
- Grass Valley couple faces federal gun charges, local drug accusations
- (VIDEO) Mardi Gras parade goes on despite rain, lack of cell phone service
- Grass Valley’s Christopher’s Old World Deli, catering company close