Penn Valley man awaits Nevada County court hearing on sex charges
June 25, 2018
A Penn Valley man accused of having sex with a juvenile remained Monday in the Nevada County Jail awaiting a July court hearing, reports state.
Steven Anthony Douglas McClenthen, 21, faces two counts of lewd act with a child and a count of unlawful sexual intercourse. Held on $200,000 in bond, McClenthen is scheduled to appear July 26 before a Superior Court judge, Nevada County court records state.
Authorities arrested McClenthen June 1 at Lake Wildwood. Responding to reports of an altercation, officers found McClenthen and others in the area, Deputy District Attorney Jesse Wilson said.
"They started asking questions and they started getting ages," Wilson added.
Deputies then arrested McClenthen after talking to those present, the prosecutor said.
According to court records, McClenthen on two separate occasions between 2016 and 2017 committed a lewd act on a girl under 14 years old. He also had sex with a girl under 16.
Recommended Stories For You
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Crime
- Yuba City native allegedly kills girlfriend, self
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Neighbor needs some kind of help
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Aggressive driver blows kisses, throws dollars
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Officers called on sober man who smelled of alcohol
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Pig loose in area. Pig returns.
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives arrest four suspects in string of burglaries