Penn Valley man awaits Nevada County court hearing on sex charges
June 25, 2018
A Penn Valley man accused of having sex with a juvenile remained Monday in the Nevada County Jail awaiting a July court hearing, reports state.
Steven Anthony Douglas McClenthen, 21, faces two counts of lewd act with a child and a count of unlawful sexual intercourse. Held on $200,000 in bond, McClenthen is scheduled to appear July 26 before a Superior Court judge, Nevada County court records state.
Authorities arrested McClenthen June 1 at Lake Wildwood. Responding to reports of an altercation, officers found McClenthen and others in the area, Deputy District Attorney Jesse Wilson said.
"They started asking questions and they started getting ages," Wilson added.
Deputies then arrested McClenthen after talking to those present, the prosecutor said.
According to court records, McClenthen on two separate occasions between 2016 and 2017 committed a lewd act on a girl under 14 years old. He also had sex with a girl under 16.
Recommended Stories For You
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County District Attorney will not seek death penalty in Stan Norman murder case
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person with RV dumps waste down storm drain
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Child tells dispatch ‘you’re stupid’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man sticking head out window making gestures arrested for DUI
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- A number of Nevada County schools closed Friday