Nevada County woman arrested in Nebraska on pot-hauling charges
December 19, 2017
A woman whose listed address is in North San Juan was arrested Sunday after reportedly being stopped in Nebraska with almost 60 pounds of marijuana in her vehicle.
Nebraska State Patrol troopers stopped Jewel E. Estrada in a parking lot in North Platte after she pulled off Interstate 80 into a business parking lot and reportedly was seen making an improper signal.
During the stop it was discovered that Estrada, 50, of North San Juan, had an active warrant from Nebraska, according to a release from the troopers. According to online records, Estrada had a warrant for failing to appear on a 2010 misdemeanor citation.
Estrada was arrested for the warrant and troopers conducted a search of the vehicle, reportedly finding approximately 59 pounds of high-grade marijuana. The marijuana had an estimated street value of $295,000, according to the release.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of possession of marijuana, more than one pound, possession with intent to deliver, and no drug tax stamp. Jail records listed her bail at $55,000.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports theft of trees
- Nevada County Police Blotter: A dozen peacocks cause property damage
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman rips speed limit sign from ground, hits vehicle with it
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Missing sweater located, not with ‘hippies’ outside
- Nevada City man accused of having $1 million in pot now in federal custody, sheriff’s office says
- Narcotics detectives arrest Alta Sierra couple in connection with honey oil lab
- Audrey Denney, Doug LaMalfa battle for 1st Congressional District seat
- Three new cannabis businesses get go-ahead from Nevada City Planning Commission
- Cutting the mustard: Grass Valley’s Pine Street Burgers opens second location