Nevada County woman arrested in Nebraska on pot-hauling charges
December 19, 2017
A woman whose listed address is in North San Juan was arrested Sunday after reportedly being stopped in Nebraska with almost 60 pounds of marijuana in her vehicle.
Nebraska State Patrol troopers stopped Jewel E. Estrada in a parking lot in North Platte after she pulled off Interstate 80 into a business parking lot and reportedly was seen making an improper signal.
During the stop it was discovered that Estrada, 50, of North San Juan, had an active warrant from Nebraska, according to a release from the troopers. According to online records, Estrada had a warrant for failing to appear on a 2010 misdemeanor citation.
Estrada was arrested for the warrant and troopers conducted a search of the vehicle, reportedly finding approximately 59 pounds of high-grade marijuana. The marijuana had an estimated street value of $295,000, according to the release.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of possession of marijuana, more than one pound, possession with intent to deliver, and no drug tax stamp. Jail records listed her bail at $55,000.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Pig loose in area. Pig returns.
- Yuba City native allegedly kills girlfriend, self
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Officers called on sober man who smelled of alcohol
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Neighbor needs some kind of help
- Police: Kinseth murder suspect allegedly moved body, hid evidence
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives arrest four suspects in string of burglaries