Nevada County woman arrested in Nebraska on pot-hauling charges
December 19, 2017
A woman whose listed address is in North San Juan was arrested Sunday after reportedly being stopped in Nebraska with almost 60 pounds of marijuana in her vehicle.
Nebraska State Patrol troopers stopped Jewel E. Estrada in a parking lot in North Platte after she pulled off Interstate 80 into a business parking lot and reportedly was seen making an improper signal.
During the stop it was discovered that Estrada, 50, of North San Juan, had an active warrant from Nebraska, according to a release from the troopers. According to online records, Estrada had a warrant for failing to appear on a 2010 misdemeanor citation.
Estrada was arrested for the warrant and troopers conducted a search of the vehicle, reportedly finding approximately 59 pounds of high-grade marijuana. The marijuana had an estimated street value of $295,000, according to the release.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of possession of marijuana, more than one pound, possession with intent to deliver, and no drug tax stamp. Jail records listed her bail at $55,000.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller says sidewalk washing against state, federal and NID law
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Drunk woman reported yelling at vehicles
- Nevada City man accused of having $1 million in pot now in federal custody, sheriff’s office says
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Cops called on man carrying empty egg cartons
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots; witness says Ward never admitted to slaying