Nevada County woman arrested in Nebraska on pot-hauling charges
December 19, 2017
A woman whose listed address is in North San Juan was arrested Sunday after reportedly being stopped in Nebraska with almost 60 pounds of marijuana in her vehicle.
Nebraska State Patrol troopers stopped Jewel E. Estrada in a parking lot in North Platte after she pulled off Interstate 80 into a business parking lot and reportedly was seen making an improper signal.
During the stop it was discovered that Estrada, 50, of North San Juan, had an active warrant from Nebraska, according to a release from the troopers. According to online records, Estrada had a warrant for failing to appear on a 2010 misdemeanor citation.
Estrada was arrested for the warrant and troopers conducted a search of the vehicle, reportedly finding approximately 59 pounds of high-grade marijuana. The marijuana had an estimated street value of $295,000, according to the release.
She was booked into county jail on suspicion of possession of marijuana, more than one pound, possession with intent to deliver, and no drug tax stamp. Jail records listed her bail at $55,000.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller’s son ‘holding the whole house hostage’
- Hearing in Jamie Kinseth homicide case postponed
- Police: Kinseth murder suspect allegedly moved body, hid evidence
- Reality TV Bigfoot hunter, Justin Smeja, faces hunting charges in Sierra County
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested on suspicion of felony gun possession in Truckee
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- New Nevada County firearm rules go into effect Jan. 10
- Former Nevada County resident ‘Cappy’ Gordon killed in Montana
- Nevada County supervisors eye Old Tunnel Road land for homeless services
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)