Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports theft happening for past three years
December 28, 2018
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
12:31 a.m. — A caller near the corner of Alta Sierra Drive and Dog Bar Road reported a suspicious vehicle and a subject in a hoodie walking in the vicinity.
6:03 a.m. — A caller from Joseph Drive reported theft of a vehicle. The vehicle was seen leaving the address with another vehicle following. All keys were accounted for, both plates were on the vehicle and the caller's mother saw people near the vehicle and then they got in and left in it.
8:48 a.m. — A caller from Sugar Bowl Road left the line open with women heard casually talking in the background. The caller called back saying the emergency button was pressed while skiing and there was no emergency.
12:09 p.m. — A person came to the sheriff's office saying someone had been entering her property without permission and stealing things from her for about three years and she would like a report taken. Contact was attempted and officers were unable to leave a voicemail.
Recommended Stories For You
1:38 p.m. — A caller from South Ponderosa Way reported a suspicious woman on the back deck of his property. The caller said they just returned home and found her, it was unknown how long she had been there. The caller tried speaking to the woman and she wouldn't respond, and when the caller asked if she needed help all she did was mumble. The caller was advised to stay inside and lock the doors and units were on the way. A report was taken.
2:18 p.m. — A caller near the corner of Pioneer Way and East Hacienda Drive reported caretaking for friends and the two donkeys on the property got loose.
3:09 p.m. — A caller from Bitney Springs Road reported wires on her property had been cut.
11:08 p.m — A caller near the intersection of Highway 20 and Harmony Ridge Road reported a bear at the back door. The caller said the bear was below deck and was concerned the bear was injured. The caller also said they had heard several gunshots in the area about two hours ago. The caller was transferred to fish and wildlife.
Nevada City Police Department
9:16 a.m. — A caller from the 800 block of Zion Street reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole items. A neighbor located the items in the driveway and returned the items that were taken from her vehicle.
— Ross Maak
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man in lot stares at fast food joint
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Suspect found with nothing in his pants
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man ‘making himself a nest’ with a chainsaw
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Pain pills, guns stolen from unlocked vehicles
- Yuba City native allegedly kills girlfriend, self
- Home prices climb out of reach for many in Nevada County (GRAPH)
- Woman who pleaded to Grass Valley T-Mobile robbery skips court
- Truckee officer recognizes wanted man, finds guns during search
- Nevada County authorities release cause of death in Adea Shabani homicide
- Meet your merchant: Love of area leads to setting up shop