Nevada County Police Blotter: Man starts eating in produce section
January 29, 2019
Grass Valley Police Department
9:17 a.m. — A person was stopped near the corner of Brunswick Road and Old Tunnel Road. A person was arrested on charges of violation of parole.
9:55 a.m. — A caller from the 700 block of Freeman Lane reported a dangerous and hazardous situation in the elevator in front of a business. the caller said a transient sleeps in the elevator overnight and has left trash, including cigarette butts and broken glass, in the elevator.
12:18 p.m. — A caller from the 200 block of North Church Street reported a man trying the door handles of vehicles on the street.
2:09 p.m. — A caller from the 300 block of Sutton Way reported a man "flipping off" cars as they drive by.
Recommended Stories For You
4:01 p.m. — A caller from the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a drug deal appeared to have just occurred. The caller said three transient looking people were loitering when a woman drove up and one of the transients exchanged something with the driver.
7:35 p.m. — A caller from the 800 block of Old Tunnel Road reported someone that he was previously arrested for stealing her credit card is now accusing him of stealing her checkbook.
12:53 a.m. — A person was stopped on the 400 block of Brunswick Road. A person was arrested on charges of possession of a narcotic controlled substance and possession of controlled substance paraphernalia.
1:04 a.m. — A person was stopped on the 1000 block of Sutton Way. A person was arrested on charges of trespassing.
2:18 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of Glasson Way reported a disruptive subject in a waiting room. An arrest was made on charges of trespassing.
5:46 a.m. — A caller from the 800 block of Sutton Way reported a man in the produce section eating food. He had been eating food all over the store for the last hour.
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
4:57 a.m. — A caller from Donovan Road reported someone ducking into the bushes when the caller drove by.
8:08 a.m. — A caller from North Bloomfield Graniteville Road reported a "half-dead" skunk in the yard that needed to be dispatched.
8:35 a.m. — A caller near the corner of Lake Very Purdon Road and North Bloomfield Graniteville Road reported an injured donkey running toward Nevada City.
9:32 a.m. — A caller from Grass Valley Avenue reported a utility trailer was stolen the previous night.
11:25 p.m. — A caller from Grass Valley Avenue reported theft of items from a business.
12:57 p.m. — A caller from Rattlesnake Road reported theft of items from an unlocked vehicle.
— Ross Maak
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Aggressive driver blows kisses, throws dollars
- Yuba City native allegedly kills girlfriend, self
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Neighbor needs some kind of help
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Officers called on sober man who smelled of alcohol
- Police: Kinseth murder suspect allegedly moved body, hid evidence
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley