Nevada County police blotter: Loud explosions were Placer County fireworks show
December 11, 2017
Grass Valley Police Department
8:57 a.m. — A caller from Bank and South Auburn streets reported hearing possible gunshots last night.
9:24 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of Wood Street reported hearing a loud explosion last night.
10:21 a.m. — A caller from the 1200 block of Sutton Way reported a transient camp; a person was cited for camping.
11:43 a.m. — A man from the 500 block of Jenkins Street reported three people had been banging on his door at 3 a.m. They left but now they are back.
Recommended Stories For You
1:28 p.m. — A woman from the 200 block Dorsey Drive reported a woman bit and shoved her; the other party said she had been pushed. The situation was mediated.
2:34 p.m. — A caller from the 200 block of Washington Street reported the theft of two bicycles.
4:41 p.m. — A man was arrested on suspicion of vehicle theft in the 100 block of Neal Street.
4:47 p.m. — A woman from the 200 block of Dorsey Drive reported vandalism to her vehicle.
2:46 a.m. — A caller from the 600 block of Sutton Way reported flashlights behind a business; a person was looking through dumpsters and was moving on.
4:46 a.m. — A caller from the 400 block of Sutton Way reported a dumpster fire.
6:35 a.m. — A caller from the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man who might be carrying a gun; no one was located.
Nevada County Sheriff's Office
7:33 p.m. — A caller from Green Valley Road reported a possible prowler, who could not be located.
8:03 p.m. — A caller from Myrna Drive reported fireworks or gunshots. Another caller from Dog Bar Road reported multiple explosions, possibly related to a fireworks show in Placer County.
7:02 a.m. — A woman from Fay Road reported a man missing who has Parkinson's. A caller reported a man walking on the road with no shoes and no pants; he was reunited with his family.
10:49 a.m. — A caller requested a check on a vacant residence on Shebley Road, which had been broken into several tines. The residence was secured.
11:47 a.m. — A caller from David Way reported a possible theft with a gate to the property broken.
3:35 p.m. — A caller from Meda Drive reported a juvenile chased another juvenile with a screwdriver and tried to stab him.
8:43 p.m. — A woman from Lake Forest Drive reported a person threw her against some cupboards; a report was taken.
Nevada City Police Department
6:16 p.m. — A caller from Hirschman's Pond reported people at a transient camp stole items.
8:40 p.m. — A caller from the 100 block of Sacramento Street reported a man throwing glasses into the street.
12:13 a.m. — A driver was cited for driving at 100 mph on Highway 49.
2:19 p.m. — A caller from Cottage and Winter streets reported a dog panting a vehicle with the windows rolled up; the dog was taken to the shelter.
— Liz Kellar
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person on golf cart swings clubs at geese
- Former NFL player, actor Tim Rossovich arrested in connection with domestic violence incident
- Hearing in Jamie Kinseth homicide case postponed
- Police: Kinseth murder suspect allegedly moved body, hid evidence
- Nevada City man accused of having $1 million in pot now in federal custody, sheriff’s office says
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail
- Get in the holiday spirit Sunday during Victorian Christmas in Nevada City
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation