Nevada City man accused of having $1 million in pot now in federal custody, sheriff’s office says
March 14, 2018
A Nevada City man accused of having $1 million worth of suspected marijuana and pot plants has been transferred into the custody of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration, the Nevada County Sheriff's Office said.
Jose Gregorio Luna, 34, was arrested around 8 a.m. Tuesday after local authorities and the DEA executed a federal search warrant in the 15000 block of Lola's Echo Road in Nevada City. Officers found about 1,285 pounds of suspected pot in black totes and 576 marijuana plants, authorities said.
The plants were being grown indoors, underneath a granny unit, a release states.
Federal agents seized the suspected pot and a 2014 BMW 750 Li, according to the release.
Initially held in the Nevada County Jail, Luna was later transferred to the DEA, local authorities said.
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Child tells dispatch ‘you’re stupid’
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man on road looks like Road Warrior from Mel Gibson movie
- Police: Kinseth murder suspect allegedly moved body, hid evidence
- Nevada County District Attorney will not seek death penalty in Stan Norman murder case
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man sticking head out window making gestures arrested for DUI
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports