Grass Valley suspect arrested in Auburn vehicle break-ins
September 11, 2016
Auburn Police officers arrested a 22-year-old Grass Valley man Friday in connection with a rash of thefts from unlocked vehicles.
Officers contacted Joshua Martin-Pettus in the 1500 block of Lincoln Way, according to a press release. Martin-Pettus reportedly had been captured on security camera footage at the scene of some of those thefts, and pictures from the security camera footage had been circulating on social media.
A search of Martin-Pettus revealed he was in possession of several stolen items as well as a small amount of methamphetamine, the release stated. Several of the recent thefts reportedly were linked directly to Martin-Pettus.
Martin-Pettus was arrested on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, identity theft, petty theft, possession of stolen property, violation of probation, and six misdemeanor warrants. He was booked into the Placer County Jail, where he is being held in lieu of $195,000 bail.
The Auburn Police Department would like to remind the community to report all thefts as well as any suspicious occurrences. These reports, no matter how minor, allow them to determine crime trends as well as identify stolen property when it is located. It is also important to not leave valuables inside your vehicle and remember to lock them.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Reportedly drunk man just had a limp
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Neighbor found suspiciously pulling weeds
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Cops called on Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Suspect found with nothing in his pants
- Reality TV Bigfoot hunter, Justin Smeja, faces hunting charges in Sierra County
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley
- Developer revives Dorsey Marketplace; Grass Valley releases Draft EIR (Read the doc)
- Suspect in Grass Valley baby formula thefts ID’d
- Cascade Canal Trail to open after Nevada County court agreement
- Nevada County authorities charge 2 with embezzlement