Child sex suspect arrested in Grass Valley
March 8, 2018
A Grass Valley man facing child sexual abuse accusations remained Thursday in the Nevada County Jail under $200,000 in bond after his arrest earlier this week, records state.
Garrett Bryan Wibberley, 35, faces six counts of lewd act upon a child and one count of continuous sexual abuse. Accused in a Feb. 9 complaint filed in Nevada County Superior Court, Wibberley was arrested Tuesday on an outstanding warrant, records show.
Grass Valley police arrested Wibberley after responding to reports of someone wanted by authorities in the 200 block of Dorsey Drive. Officers saw Wibberley walking through a parking lot after arriving and arrested him on the outstanding warrant, Lt. Joe Matteoni said in an email.
According to the complaint, Wibberley between October 2010 and October 2011 had sexual contact at least three times with a girl under 14 years. Six instances of lewd conduct are alleged between October 2011 and November 2016.
Trending In: Crime
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hairy men shooting up
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Dirt biker threatens property owner
- Member of Nevada City based fraud conspiracy sentenced to seven years
- Nevada City man accused of having $1 million in pot now in federal custody, sheriff’s office says
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info