Child sex suspect arrested in Grass Valley
March 8, 2018
A Grass Valley man facing child sexual abuse accusations remained Thursday in the Nevada County Jail under $200,000 in bond after his arrest earlier this week, records state.
Garrett Bryan Wibberley, 35, faces six counts of lewd act upon a child and one count of continuous sexual abuse. Accused in a Feb. 9 complaint filed in Nevada County Superior Court, Wibberley was arrested Tuesday on an outstanding warrant, records show.
Grass Valley police arrested Wibberley after responding to reports of someone wanted by authorities in the 200 block of Dorsey Drive. Officers saw Wibberley walking through a parking lot after arriving and arrested him on the outstanding warrant, Lt. Joe Matteoni said in an email.
According to the complaint, Wibberley between October 2010 and October 2011 had sexual contact at least three times with a girl under 14 years. Six instances of lewd conduct are alleged between October 2011 and November 2016.
Trending In: Crime
- Child sex suspect arrested in Grass Valley
- Nevada City man accused of having $1 million in pot now in federal custody, sheriff’s office says
- 2 men arrested in Grass Valley burglary; 23 guns recovered
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man reported yelling, swinging metal pole
- Reality TV Bigfoot hunter, Justin Smeja, faces hunting charges in Sierra County
- Albert Silva, facing a murder charge in connection with son’s death, appears in Nevada County court
- UPDATE: Interstate 80 in both directions
- Grass Valley police: 2 downtown businesses have windows broken; suspect arrested
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Nevada County burglary suspect fails to appear in court, judge issues arrest warrant