Christianity the subject of a variety of books
1. “Heaven” by Randy Alcorn, is the most definitive, comprehensive book on the subject of heaven to date. Using Scripture, the author pictures a bright, vibrant and physical New Earth, free from sin, suffering and death and brimming with Christ’s presence, wondrous natural beauty and the richness of human culture as God intended it.
2. “So What’s the Difference” by Fritz Ridenour. Updated for 21st-century readers, the author looks at how biblical orthodox Christianity differs from other faiths, including Judaism, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism.
3. “Evidence That Demands a Verdict” by Josh McDowell. This book of Christian apologetics has few equals. For Christians facing the tough questions of critics and skeptics, this easy-to-read, faith-building book uses secular evidence and other historical sources as a front-line defense.
4. “Strong Women, Soft Hearts” by Paula Rinehart. Written with compassion by a kindred spirit, this book cries out for women who feel trapped by life’s disappointing realities to embrace passion and approach life as something to be lived, not merely survived.
5. “The Friendships of Women” by Dee Brestin is a wonderful analysis of the relationships women have with other women and what they think about them. A small group study guide has been added to the end of each chapter in this new addition.
6. “Passion & Purity” by Elisabeth Elliot is an honest and practical book that addresses the real questions and concerns of single men and women as it lifts the reader’s gaze upward to the Maker who created us for Himself. Some topics are whether or not to marry and who is the right one, the man’s and woman’s role in relationships, and loving passionately while remaining sexually pure.
7. “The Last Disciple” a novel by Hank Hanegraaff & Sigmund Brower. Imagine a letter that could tell your future, written in code. Deciphering it could set you free. What’s inside reveals the truth about the end of the world but possessing it could kill you!
8. “Covenant Marriage” by Gary Chapman, one of the premiere experts on marriage and relationships. Whether your marriage is on a mountaintop or on the rocks, few things are more important than developing a covenant marriage relationship that mirrors the covenant of God’s relationship with His people.
9. “The Ultimate Priority” by John MacArthur is a book on worship. It is a call to a radically different type of living that seeks to worship God continually, according to a biblical pattern.
10. “The Seven Secrets” by John Hagee explains how you can dream big, enjoy fulfillment and move to the next level. Use his keys to unlock the secrets to success and start living the life that God designed for you.
Provided by Remnant Books & Video, 470 South Auburn St., Grass Valley. Phone 477-9196. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Highs will near 100 today, though they’ll drop to the low 90s starting Saturday and stay there into next week, the National Weather Service said.