New signs first step in renovating Grass Valley shopping center
December 15, 2017
The owner of the Grass Valley Shopping Center, home to Kmart, Big 5 and SPD Market, has completed the first phase of a planned renovation, with new signage along McKnight Way. The center, which has been nameless and often identified only as "the Kmart Center," has been rebranded as McKnight Crossing.
The next phases to be introduced will be a new facade and an open market concept called "the Mix," a collection of local fare and lifestyle shops and destinations.
"The planned improvements are intended to promote the 19th century mining town theme of the Grass Valley/Nevada City community," said Cort Ensign, director of commercial leasing for the company managing the center.
For more information, go to http://www.mcknightcrossing.net.
Trending In: Business
- Meet Your Merchant: Cobbler with an old sole in Grass Valley
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Mary Owens: Charitable ways to gift directly from your IRA
- Connecting the community: Encouraging entrepreneurs to scale their business
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable