New signs first step in renovating Grass Valley shopping center
December 15, 2017
The owner of the Grass Valley Shopping Center, home to Kmart, Big 5 and SPD Market, has completed the first phase of a planned renovation, with new signage along McKnight Way. The center, which has been nameless and often identified only as "the Kmart Center," has been rebranded as McKnight Crossing.
The next phases to be introduced will be a new facade and an open market concept called "the Mix," a collection of local fare and lifestyle shops and destinations.
"The planned improvements are intended to promote the 19th century mining town theme of the Grass Valley/Nevada City community," said Cort Ensign, director of commercial leasing for the company managing the center.
For more information, go to http://www.mcknightcrossing.net.
Trending In: Business
- Meet your merchant: Love of area leads to setting up shop
- Meet Your Merchant: Eager to keep bicycles out of the landfill, Aaron Hotchkiss wants to fix your old bike
- Economist: Nevada County job market could be outpacing employment
- Are commercial condominiums good investments?
- Meet your merchant: Dreams of architecture sidetracked by second passion
- Home prices climb out of reach for many in Nevada County (GRAPH)
- Traffic stop yields 2 arrests, discovery of items stolen from South Yuba River State Park
- Vintage ice cream cart stolen in Nevada City dumped at Rood Center
- Nevada County authorities release cause of death in Adea Shabani homicide
- Woman who pleaded to Grass Valley T-Mobile robbery skips court