PET OF THE WEEK: Gimpy (Squeak)
January 19, 2018
Gimpy (Squeak) has been in foster at Sammies Friends for about 10 weeks and is less than a year old. He was brought to the shelter with a badly healed broken rear leg. A local veterinarian did surgery to repair it, but Squeak had nerve damage so the leg had to be amputated. He is now ready for his forever home. He gets around as if he was on all fours, climbing, and running very well but would likely need to be an inside cat due to his condition.
To adopt Gimpy (Squeak), contact Sammie's Friends Animal Shelter at 14647 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley, 530-471-5041 or http://www.sammiesfriends.org.
For more pet adoptions:
Grass Valley Animal Shelter, Freeman Lane, Grass Valley, at 530-477-4630.
AnimalSave, 530-271-7071 or http://www.animalsave.org.
Cal Aussie Rescue Inc., 530-268-1600 or http://www.NorCalAussieRescue.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Scooter's Pals, 530-350-2099 or http://www.ScootersPals.org.
Friends Forever, a Cat Sanctuary, 530-885-4228 or http://www.ffacs.org.
From our partners: Animals in the news around the globe.
Chow Chow Rescue of the Sierra Foothills, Mystery Mutts, 530-432-2778, 530-432-2294 or http://www.ChowChowRescue.org.
Chows Plus, 530-277-0476 or http://www.ChowsPlus.org.
Northern California Border Collie Rescue & Adoptions, http://www.Norcalbcrescue.org.
CAPE, http://www.capeanimals.org, 831-336-4695.
— The Union staff
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- New Nevada County firearm rules go into effect Jan. 10
- Former Nevada County resident ‘Cappy’ Gordon killed in Montana
- Nevada County supervisors eye Old Tunnel Road land for homeless services
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)