Help Ernie the rescue dog in Grass Valley
January 9, 2019
Scooters Pals pet rescue volunteers and veterinarian office staff members have fallen in love with Ernie, a black, 8-pound, 7-year-old Pug mix who was rescued from a Sacramento Valley shelter just before he was to be put down for having weak hind legs. Despite being in pain, he has maintained a calm, loving disposition, say volunteers.
The medical staff at Mother Lode Veterinary Hospital in Grass Valley has offered to perform a surgery that will repair Ernie's legs, but the cost is more than Scooter's Pals, a nonprofit, can afford. Mountain Mike's Pizza will be hosting "Pizza for the Pups," from 5 to 8 p.m. on Jan. 14, when they will donate 20 percent of their sales to help Ernie and other animals under the care of Scooter's Pals. Interested donors can also call Mother Lode at 530-272-6651 to give a donation via credit card or mail a check to Scooter's Pals, P.O. Box 1687, Cedar Ridge, CA 95924. No amount is too small. Mountain Mike's is located at 151-D McKnight Way in Grass Valley. For more information, visit http://www.ScootersPals.org. Click on "Adopt" and scroll to Ernie.
Trending In: Announcements
- Home prices climb out of reach for many in Nevada County (GRAPH)
- Traffic stop yields 2 arrests, discovery of items stolen from South Yuba River State Park
- Vintage ice cream cart stolen in Nevada City dumped at Rood Center
- Nevada County authorities release cause of death in Adea Shabani homicide
- Woman who pleaded to Grass Valley T-Mobile robbery skips court