Ananda thrift store burned in fire Saturday | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Ananda thrift store burned in fire Saturday

A one-story, 1,000-square-foot building was engulfed in flames Saturday night.

At 9:02 p.m. a call went out to the North San Juan Fire Protection District to help extinguish a blaze that had engulfed Ananda’s Jewel in the Lotus Thrift Store on Tyler Foote Road, according to district fire battalion chief Tom Browning.

The battalion chief said combustible material being too close to a wall furnace caused the fire.

Ten firefighters, including some from the Camptonville Volunteer Fire Department, arrived at the scene Saturday night to see local residents trying to use a garden hose to tame the fire, according to Browning.

A shell of the building is what is left at Ananda, said Browning, and about $10,000 worth of items have been lost to the flames, including clothing, appliances and household items.


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Connect with needs and opportunities from

Get immediate access to organizations and people in our area that need your help or can provide help during the Coronavirus crisis.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User