Zen-flavored teachings and silent retreat in Grass Valley
January 4, 2018
"Discover Your True Self," is the theme of weekend events Jan. 26 and 27 at Grass Valley's Unity of the Gold Country.
Mukti, a teacher in the lineage of her husband Adyashanti, will offer a Friday, Jan. 26, meeting at 7 p.m. and a separate all day silent retreat on Saturday, Jan. 27, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mukti joined her husband in co-founding Open Gate Sangha in the California Bay Area in 1996 to cultivate the awakening of consciousness in those who yearn for truth, peace and freedom.
She has been greatly influenced by her background in Christianity, Vedanta, Zen Buddhism and Chinese medicine, and draws from those roots to point audiences back to the natural state of wholeness or undivided consciousness.
Friday evening costs $15 and Saturday $85 (or $75 by Jan. 19).
Registration will be available at the events.
Recommended Stories For You
For information or advance registration visit the website at http://www.muktisource.org; for local information call Bill Drake at 530-265-2084.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Get the ball rolling: Miners Foundry lets the good times roll this Masquerade Ball
- From Hawaii with love: Slack key guitarist Makana brings signature sound to the mainland
- Master musicians set to dazzle Grass Valley audience with unique ensemble
- 5 things to know about chain control in Lake Tahoe before you go
- Best of the San Francisco Comedy Competition comes to Grass Valley
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Altercation ends in man fatally stabbing himself
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)