Winter Solstice dance concert Sunday at National Hotel
December 15, 2016
Next week's Winter Solstice (Dec. 21) will be celebrated Sunday with a dance concert by the World Beatnix band at Natonal Hotel in Nevada City.
The event, from 6 to 9 p.m., will be at the hotel at 211 Broad St. Cover charge, $10.
The show will feature music from Brazil, Africa, the Middle East, Europe and New Orleans.
The show will be preceded by a free broadcast at KVMR-FM 89.5 from 3 to 5 p.m..
World Beatnix is led by local musician Michael DiMartino (percussion).
Band members are: Kit Bailey (drums); Ajeet Campbell (bass); Gary Upton (sax); Todd Gardner (guitar); and Jim Wendt (keyboards).
Recommended Stories For You
"This band features some of the best musicians in Nevada Counthy, with our own unique improvisational style, fused with traditional world rhythms," DiMartino said.
For more information, see http://www.worldbeatnix.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Lyman Gilmore takes on ‘Beauty & The Beast’
- The bowl that’s good for the soul: 13th Empty Bowl event Saturday
- On The Air: Instant friends, mentors & music inspire this KVMR co-volunteer director
- Believing the best: Dalrymple MacAlpin and friends to perform songs from his musical fairy tale, ‘Make Believe’
- Strings and things: Longtime duo perform train songs and other classics
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley
- Developer revives Dorsey Marketplace; Grass Valley releases Draft EIR (Read the doc)
- Nevada County authorities charge 2 with embezzlement
- Nevada Irrigation District customers vent frustration with proposed water rate hike
- Watershed at the Owl fully open since December