Tasting excellence: Competition wines from the Nevada County Fair
August 7, 2018
Sierra Wine and Grape Growers Association will hold a special event for the results of the Home Winemaking Competition from the Nevada County Fair this year at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16, at the Ponderosa Hall, Gate 2, at the Nevada County Fairgrounds.
All wine competition entrants are welcome.
There will be an award ceremony, prizes and an informal tasting of wines entered in this years competition. Interested guests are encouraged to bring a glass.
The special event is being hosted by Rod Byers who coordinates the event at the Fair.
Source: Sierra Wine and Grape Growers Association.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Hell Hath No Fury: Sierra Cinemas presents Adriana Lecouvreur as the latest offering of The Met Opera Live in HD
- What ‘rescue only’ means to shelter animals
- Ron Cherry: Gasser of a ’59 Chevy Pickup
- Every song tells a story: Brodsky & Farren play Odd Fellows in Nevada City
- New faces at Western Sierra Medical Clinic
- Nevada City ‘Uber driver’ sentenced to four years
- Suspected shooter evades police on motorcycle on Highway 49 through Nevada County
- Nevada City considers moratorium on some cannabis manufacturers
- House rules: The Pour House open for business in Grass Valley
- Nevada County judge sentences child molester to 12 years