Sierra Stages to hold open auditions for ‘Cabaret’
January 15, 2019
Sierra Stages is pleased to announce open auditions for its summer 2019 production of "Cabaret" playing from July 11 through Aug. 3, 2019 at the historic Nevada Theatre in Nevada City. The director is Scott Gilbert, choreographer is Brian Arsenault, and music director is Ken Getz.
In a Berlin nightclub, as the 1920's draw to a close, a garish Master of Ceremonies welcomes the audience and assures them they will forget all their troubles at the Cabaret. With the Emcee's bawdy songs as wry commentary, "Cabaret" explores the dark, heady and tumultuous life of Berlin's natives and expatriates as Germany slowly yields to the emerging Third Reich. Cliff, a young American writer newly arrived in Berlin, is immediately taken by English singer Sally Bowles. Meanwhile, Fräulein Schneider, proprietor of Cliff and Sally's boarding house, tentatively begins a romance with Herr Schultz, a mild-mannered fruit seller who happens to be Jewish. Musical numbers include "Willkommen," "Cabaret," "Don't Tell Mama" and "Two Ladies."
There are two opportunities to audition: Saturday, Jan. 12 and Sunday, Jan. 13 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on each date. Auditions are at the Sierra Stages Rehearsal Studio, 828 West Main Street in Grass Valley. (Directions are on the Sierra Stages website.) All roles are open. All roles are unpaid. For important information about auditions and scheduling an appointment, please visit http://www.sierrastages.org/auditions.html. If there are questions about auditions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sierra Stages at 530-346-3210.
Sierra Stages is a nonprofit community theater based in western Nevada County with a mission to provide quality productions that are affordable and accessible to everyone. In addition to "Cabaret," the Sierra Stages 2019 Season will include the black comedy "Hand To God" playing from February 28 – March 16, 2019 at the Nevada Theatre and "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow: A Stephen Sondheim Evening" playing from Oct. 3-26, 2019 at the Off Center Stage in Grass Valley. The Sierra Stages 2019 Flex Pass is on sale now: Get 3 Tickets for $75 and use them for one, two or all three shows. For more information about Sierra Stages and to purchase your 2019 Flex Pass, visit http://www.SierraStages.org or call 530-346-3210.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Get the ball rolling: Miners Foundry lets the good times roll this Masquerade Ball
- From Hawaii with love: Slack key guitarist Makana brings signature sound to the mainland
- 5 things to know about chain control in Lake Tahoe before you go
- Master musicians set to dazzle Grass Valley audience with unique ensemble
- Best of the San Francisco Comedy Competition comes to Grass Valley
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley