Seventh Grade Geography Tournament winners in Nevada County
October 18, 2017
Nevada County's first Academic Tournament of the year was a huge success as seven local schools gathered on Tuesday, Oct. 3, for the annual Seventh Grade Geography Tournament.
Teams of three students gathered to collaborate on a fill-in-the blank 100 question test covering local, state, U.S. and world geography.
The written team test was then followed by an individual geography bee where one student from each school team participated in a triple elimination format.
Team awards went to: Magnolia Intermediate, first place; Clear Creek, second place; and Seven Hills, third place.
Individual geography bee awards were awarded to: Seventh Grade Geography Tournament Champion Vaughn Huley from Clear Creek, first place; Connor Drew from Seven Hills, second place; and Raven Biittner from Chicago Park, third place.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Get the ball rolling: Miners Foundry lets the good times roll this Masquerade Ball
- From Hawaii with love: Slack key guitarist Makana brings signature sound to the mainland
- Master musicians set to dazzle Grass Valley audience with unique ensemble
- 5 things to know about chain control in Lake Tahoe before you go
- Best of the San Francisco Comedy Competition comes to Grass Valley
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley