Save money & buy healthy: Two-part workshop to help people make healthy food choices on a limited budget
April 10, 2018
The University of California CalFresh Nutrition Education Program of Placer/Nevada Counties is offering a two-part workshop called "Plan, Shop, Save & Cook" through Placer School for Adults.
These classes will help you make healthy food choices on a limited budget. Topics will include:
Understanding nutrition facts labels
Recommended Stories For You
Classes are held on the second and third Thursdays of each month at the Placer School for Adults Career Center at 1919 Highway 49 in Auburn.
The next two-part workshop will be this Thursday and again on April 19.
There is no cost to attend, and participants who come to both sessions will receive a certificate of completion along with kitchen and grocery shopping materials. To see class descriptions and to register, please visit the Placer School for Adults website at http://placeronline.org.
For more information about these and other upcoming University of California CalFresh nutrition workshops, please call 530-889-7350, or visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/sites/letseathealthy.
Source: University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources
Trending In: Entertainment
- We will rock you: A night at the Vets Hall with Queen
- Giant Steps get down at Golden Era in Nevada City tonight
- Nevada City Film Festival now accepting submissions
- Palestine-Israel Working Group screen ‘The Lobby’ in Nevada City
- Haunted hallways with hair-raising history: ‘Phantoms of the Holbrooke’ now available on DVD
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s