Let’s duet: The Lynx to perform at Mateo’s Public in Nevad City
March 21, 2018
The Lynx is a newly formed duo — Billy Packard on mandolin and Alexis Alrich on piano. They play sparkling music from the U.S., Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and more.
Featuring sophisticated waltzes, polkas, tarantellas and tangos, bossa, choro and swing from the 1800s to the present, with a modern California twist.
With Alrich's classical background and Packard's roots background, the music ranges from classic to Latin to jazzy. The duo are composers as well and play original pieces along with favorites.
Sometimes their music is smooth, sometimes it's fast and syncopated, but no matter the tempo their fingers will be flying.
The duo will be playing at Mateo's Public from 6-9 p.m. Sunday located 300 Commercial St., in Nevada City.
Trending In: Entertainment
- From Hawaii with love: Slack key guitarist Makana brings signature sound to the mainland
- Bard-y hearty: High school students shine in Poetry Out Loud
- 5 things to know about chain control in Lake Tahoe before you go
- Get the ball rolling: Miners Foundry lets the good times roll this Masquerade Ball
- Master musicians set to dazzle Grass Valley audience with unique ensemble