Let’s duet: The Lynx to perform at Mateo’s Public in Nevad City
March 21, 2018
The Lynx is a newly formed duo — Billy Packard on mandolin and Alexis Alrich on piano. They play sparkling music from the U.S., Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and more.
Featuring sophisticated waltzes, polkas, tarantellas and tangos, bossa, choro and swing from the 1800s to the present, with a modern California twist.
With Alrich's classical background and Packard's roots background, the music ranges from classic to Latin to jazzy. The duo are composers as well and play original pieces along with favorites.
Sometimes their music is smooth, sometimes it's fast and syncopated, but no matter the tempo their fingers will be flying.
The duo will be playing at Mateo's Public from 6-9 p.m. Sunday located 300 Commercial St., in Nevada City.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Nevada City artist earns award for 37th annual KVIE Art Auction
- Joan Merriam: Of dogs & friends …
- Jim Mullen: Best read by 2018
- Annie Keeling: Successful parents build fences
- A classic & enduring American comedy! — Sierra Stages presents “You Can’t Take It With You” at the historic Nevada Theatre in Nevada City
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut