Let’s duet: The Lynx to perform at Mateo’s Public in Nevad City
March 21, 2018
The Lynx is a newly formed duo — Billy Packard on mandolin and Alexis Alrich on piano. They play sparkling music from the U.S., Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and more.
Featuring sophisticated waltzes, polkas, tarantellas and tangos, bossa, choro and swing from the 1800s to the present, with a modern California twist.
With Alrich's classical background and Packard's roots background, the music ranges from classic to Latin to jazzy. The duo are composers as well and play original pieces along with favorites.
Sometimes their music is smooth, sometimes it's fast and syncopated, but no matter the tempo their fingers will be flying.
The duo will be playing at Mateo's Public from 6-9 p.m. Sunday located 300 Commercial St., in Nevada City.
Trending In: Entertainment
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims