Humbug Day helps Malakoff Diggins celebrate 52 years
June 6, 2018
Humbug Day, Friends of North Bloomfield and Malakoff Diggins, is scheduled for 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, according to a release.
Commemorate Malakoff Diggins' Golden Olden Days as park staff and volunteers in period costume interpret our historic heritage at North Bloomfield, formerly Humbug, California; with music, games, crafts, food and fun.
Tour the historic buildings and grounds, echoing with the ghosts of miners and early settlers or poke around the relics of by-gone horse and buggy days in the Ostrom Stable.
Entertainment & Fun includes: World's Shortest Parade; Izzy Tooinski; Buffalo Gals; Nevada City Rancheria Nisenan Blessing; Gold Panning; Blacksmithing; Candle Making; Tin Punching; snacks and food; Sierra Muzzle Loaders; Weaving Demonstration; Organized Kids Games; Special Walking Tours; ECV Chapter 10 BBQ and more.
To get to the event from Grass Valley/Nevada City, follow Highway 49 north 11 miles from Nevada City and turn right on Tyler Foote Road. Then follow the double-yellow lines for 15 miles to the park.
Recommended Stories For You
Source: Friends of North Bloomfield and Malakoff Diggins
Trending In: Entertainment
- Get the ball rolling: Miners Foundry lets the good times roll this Masquerade Ball
- 5 things to know about chain control in Lake Tahoe before you go
- Master musicians set to dazzle Grass Valley audience with unique ensemble
- Best of the San Francisco Comedy Competition comes to Grass Valley
- ‘Elevate yo’ funkin’ life!:’ Soul band performs in Nevada City Valentine’s Day
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives arrest four suspects in string of burglaries
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station