Grass Valley Western author celebrated at Spur Awards
June 9, 2017
New York Times bestselling western author Chris Enss will be presented with the Branding Iron Award at this year's Western Writers of America convention held in Kansas City, Missouri in June.
The Branding Iron Award is a special honor presented to the WWA member who has provided exceptional support to the organization and its goals. Enss will also accept an award for the book she penned entitled "Entertaining Women: Actresses, Singers and Dancers in the Old West."
The book was named a finalist for a Spur Award in the juvenile non-fiction category.
Since 1953, Western Writers of America has promoted and honored the best in Western literature with the annual Spur Awards, selected by panels of judges. Awards, for material published last year, are given for works whose inspiration, image and literary excellence best represent the reality and spirit of the American West.
Enss's Western books have been honored with a Will Rogers Medallion Award and the Elmer Kelton Book Award. She was also selected by True West Magazine as Best Historical Non-Fiction Author for 2017.
The Spur Awards will take place on Saturday, June 24 at the Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information visit http://www.westernwriters.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Suspect arrested for murder of missing Vietnam veteran Stan Norman
- Cal Fire: McCourtney, Lobo wildfires caused by trees falling into powerlines, PG&E cited
- Grass Valley police: Cab driver assaulted customer with heavy flashlight
- No bystanders injured in wreck that led to death of Grass Valley driver
- Lake Wildwood advisory still in effect