Cowboys & bull riding: The 61st Penn Valley Rodeo is galloping into town
May 16, 2018
The great Western sport of rodeo — a fierce contest between human and animal where professional California Cowboys Pro Rodeo cowboys and cowgirls take their chances, risk injury and show off their skills against wildly twisting and turning bulls and broncs, race against the clock and each other in roping, steer wrestling and barrel racing is always heart pounding, action packed and thrilling.
Add to that an incredible barbecue, vendors, games, treats and live music along with a home town parade and you will get an idea of what the Penn Valley Rodeo has in store for you.
Dust off your boots and hats, bring your appetite and enjoy this home town, exciting weekend with your friends and family — there is even muttin busting, calf scramble, a Kids Zone and rodeo dance.
This year Penn Valley Rodeo welcomes back pro rodeo announcer Don Jesser who will be joined by award winning barrelman/rodeo entertainer JJ Harrison.
Crossing 49 Band will be performing live music and there will be a special half time special demonstration performance by the Wild West Buckers pitting bronc riders from age six and up against bucking ponies.
For more information visit http://www.pvrodeo.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Source: Penn Valley Rodeo
Trending In: Entertainment
- Carolyn Singer: Gathering winter greens for a natural holiday season
- The fungus among us: 21st annual Fungus Foray and Wild Mushroom Exposition in Nevada City
- 5 things to know about chain control in Lake Tahoe before you go
- Hanukkah at the NCJCC in Grass Valley
- What ‘rescue only’ means to shelter animals
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada City’s National Hotel re-opening delayed
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail